Asia Luxury Travel Writer
(New York Office)
As a Luxury Asia Travel Writer you will create Asia travel itineraries for our UHNWI clients as well as research and write copy for new travel experiences and destinations. While excellent writing skills are crucial, a strong visual sense is just as important. This positions requires a creative spark as well as an attention to detail that will allow you to translate every detail of a complex brief into an itinerary that accommodates all client needs. Finally, a sense of personal responsibility, positive attitude and sense of teamwork will allow you to excel.
Day to Day
• Full-time position working in our midtown Manhattan offices 9:30-6:30, Monday through Friday. No telecommuting.
• Junior-level support position with potential for greater responsibilities over time
• Assist senior staff writers to format, research, write, and fact check detailed client itineraries
• Create new itineraries as well as marketing materials, based on highly detailed briefs
• Assist with the upkeep of the Remote Lands website as well as diverse marketing materials
• Contribute to company databases
• Take on a larger editorial role, curating our copy with a discerning ear for tone and intent as well as grammar
• Assist in managing detailed spreadsheets for trip coordination
• Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
• Love of travel; knowledge of Asia a plus
• Attention to detail that will allow you to translate every detail of a complex brief into an itinerary that accommodates all client needs
• Expertise with Adobe InDesign highly-favored; Creative Suite familiarity a plus
• General technical proficiency, including familiarity with Word, Excel, Acrobat, HTML etc.
• Passionate, enthusiastic, optimistic and hardworking with can-do attitude
• Team player, on a small tight-knit team where you play a significant role
• Willingness to assist with a wide range of tasks including administrative tasks
• Medical and dental insurance
• Travel to Asia
• Fun, lively, energetic, cerebral office environment