Remote Lands Introduces Five New Off-the-Beaten Path Itineraries in Thailand
Remote Lands, the ultra-luxe bespoke Asia tour operator, is delighted to announce five new off-the-beaten path itineraries in Thailand in conjunction with the Tourism Authority of Thailand. This beautiful country offers fascinating culture and art, gorgeous architecture, glorious beaches, five-star hotels and resorts, and some of the finest cuisine in Asia.
Remote Lands and the Tourism Authority of Thailand have teamed up to promote the lesser-known areas of Thailand beyond mainstream destinations such as Bangkok, Phuket, and Koh Samui. Each of the new itineraries may be booked as is or customized to suit individual travelers’ interests. These itineraries offer a wide range of different experiences from snorkeling in the crystal-clear sea surrounding Koh Kood island and strolling through Buriram Night Bazaar in Isaan, to visiting elephant sanctuaries as well as exploring stunning temples and stone ruins in the historic city of Ayutthaya.
* An Exploration of Temples and Ancient Relics in Northern Thailand – Travelers with an appreciation for culture and a taste for adventure will enjoy this nine-day tour that delves into the history of Northern Thailand. Participants will visit the Hill Tribes of Ban Rong Hi; witness the remnants of the Lanna Kingdom; discover the ancient stone ruins of Phra Nakhon; observe monks deep in prayer at Wat Tilok Aram and explore a royal temple believed to hold relics of the Buddha. The itinerary also includes an entire day with majestic Asian elephants helping care for them, learning commands in Thai from the trainers, and aiding in feeding and bathing routine. Rates from $6000 per person for 9 days.
* Temple Hopping and Elephant Excursions in Northern Thailand – This seven-day tour that begins in Ayutthaya takes travelers on an exploration through what was once the capital of Siam before journeying up north to Uthai Thani and stopping in Angthong to see the impressive 164-foot-long reclining Buddha. The itinerary also incorporates visits to additional stunning temples including the three most famous in Sukothia – Wat Mahathat, Wat Sri Chum and Wat Sri Sawai. Other highlights include discovering ancient ruins from bygones eras, visiting and caring for elephants in their natural environment, and taking an evening stroll through the Chiang Mai’s famous night markets. Rates from $6000 per person for 7 days.
* Cambodia & Soneva Kiri: Connecting Ancient Culture with Island Charm – Travelers seeking adventure in Thailand and beyond can embark on this eight-day journey soaking up the best of Koh Kood’s spectacular nature along with an enriching visit to Siem Reap, Cambodia, often referred to as the “gateway” to the impressive Angkor temple sites. Participants can enjoy a four-night stay at the exceptional Soneva Kiri resort in Koh Kood with a selection of activities to choose from including the resort’s one-of-a kind theatre experience Cinema Paradiso, where visitors can watch classic movies in an open-air theatre under the stars while sipping on specially made cocktails. Guests can also hop on a speedboat for a thrilling sea safari to Koh Kradad Island; visit the local fishing villages tucked into the mangrove forests; or make reservations at the Mushroom Cave Lunch to taste the various ways mushrooms can be prepared and enjoyed. The itinerary also includes setting sail on a mesmerizing boat cruise to Prasat Chrung before drifting along sunset waters in an Angkor gondola, exploring the majestic ruins of Angkor Wat, and enjoying a private Cambodian dance performance at the Conservatoire d’Angkor. Rates from $9900 per person for 8 days.
* Nature, Culture and History in Isaan – Adventurers can discover the cultural and historical charms of Isaan on this six-day journey through the lush jungles of Khao Yai, the Angkorian sandstone temples, an elephant village, and breathtaking scenery of Pha Team National Park on the Mekong River. The itinerary also includes a wine-tasting tour at a local vineyard in Khao Yai; a night safari to spot wildlife; a visit to the 32,600-seat new I-Mobile Stadium, the largest club-owned football stadium in Thailand; and a food tour of the Buriram Night Bazaar to taste the region’s most authentic flavors. Rates from $3200 per person for 6 days.
* Floating Elephant Camps and Island Paradise in Thailand – This 13-day tour offers travelers the best of Thailand’s secluded and lesser-explored islands. Travelers will partake in a longtail boat cruise on Cheow Larn Lake; experience treetop dining in a bird’s nest-style pod suspended in the air while waiters deliver an array of dishes via zipline at the luxurious Soneva Kiri resort; and stay at one of the only floating tented camps in the world at Elephant Hills Rainforest Camp in Khao Sok National Park. The itinerary also offers amazing opportunities for participants to get up close and personal with wildlife to boat safaris and visits to quirky restaurants that feed wild eagles at a location only reached by bicycle. Rates from $9830 per person for 13 days (not inclusive of round trip shared air transfers between Bangkok and Soneva Kiri)
“We are thrilled to be working with the Tourism Authority of Thailand to help promote undiscovered areas in Thailand,” said Catherine Heald, Co-founder and CEO of Remote Lands. “Working with the tourism board to showcase the country beyond Bangkok is just a natural partnership. We are always looking to provide new, immersive and unforgettable experiences that go beyond the expected.”
“The Kingdom of Thailand is known for its strength in hospitality, unique Thai way of life, culture, community, history and diverse destinations,” said Steve Johnson, Marketing Manager, Tourism Authority of Thailand – New York. “As a leader in off-the-beaten-path Asia, Remote Lands is an ideal partner to get this message across and drive visitation to these secondary Thailand destinations. We look forward to working together to provide visitors with authentic and unique Thai local experiences.”
To learn more about the Thailand itineraries, visit www.remotelands.com About Remote Lands, Inc. Remote Lands, Inc. creates highly personalized and unique, ultra-luxury holidays throughout Asia. Based in New York and Bangkok, the company specializes in extraordinary experiences that are difficult to arrange and require privileged access to important people and exclusive events, drawing upon Remote Lands’ relationships with remarkable people around Asia. Unparalleled service, creative itineraries and extreme attention to detail are what set Remote Lands apart.
Eleven Six PR
What Others Say
Here is a small selection of the kind words our clients have said about us recently.
A couple from New York
Remote Lands planned a wonderful trip for us to Myanmar. The itinerary included many unique stops that would not have been available to us in a packaged trip.
A Couple from New York
We must express our many, many thanks to Remote Lands for all of the help and for planning such a wonderful, successful trip!
Aman Jet Expeditions
You are invited to Remote Lands’ signature Aman Jet Expeditions, in partnership with our friends at Aman. These are small group journeys designed for people who usually travel independently.