To really heal, you need to treat the whole person. With Remote Lands travelers can journey through Asia to find the holistic treatments they need, whether it’s the finest spa in South Asia for yoga and massages or getting away from it all with horseback riding in Kyrgyzstan.
The spiritual spectrum in Asia is broad — from Himalayan temples to alms-giving on the Mekong. Whether travelers are interested in delving into a pilgrimage to a sacred site or the quiet meditation of Zen Buddhism, Remote Lands can design a journey to suit the soul of every traveler.
- Meet with a High Lama at Taktsang Gompa
- Receive a private blessing at Changangkha Lhakhang
- Climb the sacred Tiger’s Nest of Paro Taktsang
- Enjoy a private stay in a temple
- Take the historic Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage
- Watch the Fukagawa Fudo Temple Fire Ceremony
- Tak Bat: Give alms to the monks in Luang Prabang
- Explore caves lined with hundreds of carved wooden Buddhas at Pak Ou
- Learn from the hill tribes of Luang Namtha
Massages, treatments, and healing — now more than ever, wellbeing and mindfulness are key to a holistic journey through Asia. The diverse and dynamic cultures of Asia provide travelers with no end of options for rejuvenation and renewal.
- Perform yoga on the banks of the Ganges
- Join in the Ganga Aarti in Varanasi
- Indulge in the spa at the Ananda in the Himalayas
- Learn about Traditional Chinese medicine in the lakeside city of Hangzhou
- Receive a private Tai Chi lesson from a master
- Indulge in a Sangha Retreat wellness program
- Learn about and experience a traditional Thai massage
- Design a wellness program with Chiva Som
- Relax in the crystal waters of the Andaman Sea
Nothing heals the body quite like the natural world. The open spaces of Asia give travelers an opportunity to bond with some of the most unique natural wonders in the world, from the stark, dry mountains of Central Asia to the jungle wildlife of the lush Terai region of Nepal.
- Ride on horseback through the empty grasslands with Genghis Khan Retreat
- Visit the Flaming Cliffs of the South Gobi with Three Camel Lodge
- Journey through the mountains of the Altai to the very edge of Siberia
- Marvel at the unique landscapes of Song Kul Lake in Kyrgyzstan
- Climb Tajikistan’s might Fann Mountains
- Explore the eerie quiet of a submerged forest in Kazakhstan’s Lake Kaindy
- Take a helicopter to have breakfast in the shadow of Everest
- Search for one-horned rhinos and tigers in Chitwan
- Adventure through the dry, empty spaces of Mustang
To truly heal the soul, there is nothing quite like giving back to local communities. Leaving a place better than you found it is a truly rewarding experience, and Remote Lands can take travelers to where they can make a difference in the environment and in the lives of locals.
- Contribute to the conservation of a UNESCO-accredited Biosphere Reserve
- Help rehabilitate sea turtles or record the behavior of manta rays
- Dive into the crystal clear waters to create new coral ecosystems
- Support and visit the Conservatoire of Apsara Dance
- Trek with the rangers of the Wildlife Alliance
- Give back to local communities with the Shinta Mani Foundation
- Get involved in marine conservation in Raja Ampat
- Empower local communities with Nihi Sumba
- Support the arts and meet with young Balinese students of traditional gamelan music